A payment gateway is a tool that is used to securely validate your customer’s credit card details to ensure that there are available funds for you to get paid. As an eCommerce owner, you need to have at least one Wix India payment gateway on your site to enhance the convenience of your customers.
The main function of this tool is authorizing payments for online and offline businesses. It does this by allowing your customer to securely submit their credit card details, and processes the payments as shown in the steps below:
- Collection occurs during checking out, whereby the payment gateway provides the payment page or securely transfers payment details to it.
- Transfer – secondly, the payment transfers your customer’s credit card and transaction details to your payment processor, that is the customer’s bank
- Authorization – finally, the transaction authorization details are sent to your payment gateway where both you and your customer are informed if the transaction is successful or not
Advantages of Payment Gateways
- Feature-rich – payment gateways contain useful customizable features that make them useful for more than one purpose both to the customers and the merchants. What’s more, is that you can turn them on or off and select the most suitable for your business.
- Ease of use – most payment gateways have an easy set-up that is straightforward for any person with basic computer knowledge.
- Secure transactions – the main function of payment gateways is to validate payments. This way, both the buyers and sellers are protected from blatant instances of fraud
- Rapid deployment – merchants can quickly integrate a payment gateway to their eCommerce site and utilise their services without necessarily going through a long process.
Disadvantages of Payment Gateways
Payment gateways have drawbacks too. Learning about these early will help you put up risk control measures that will consequently prevent you from possible financial losses.
- Technical hitches can cost you substantial troubleshooting time. A payment gateway operates like any other software and it can get awry. Repairing such problems could take a week, a month, or so depending on its nature.
- Lack of trust from customers due to the widespread theft. Therefore, you need to use a well-known gateway that is trustable by the customers.
- The risk of exposing highly sensitive data by malicious users.
At the end of the day, the pros outweigh the cons and you may want to now look at which Wix India payment gateway you can integrate into your online store.
Popular Online Wix India Payment Gateways
The following payment gateways facilitate online payments for your customers. We have not organized them according to any order of priority. You may discover that the 8th listed payment gateway is the most suitable for you.
- Citrus Pay
This is one of the most popular payment gateways in India. It supports most credit cards like MasterCard, American Express, Visa, and many others.
One thing that stands out about Citrus pay is the high levels of security that it provides as well as the quick payment process. As if this is not enough, it provides additional services like Citrus cash – an online wallet- and Citrus cube – an online application for paying bills.
This is a highly popular Wix India payment gateway that enables businesses to accept payments online. Businesses can transact more than 13 currencies and use international cards, net banking, wallets, EMI, IVR payments and so much more.
PayUbiz supports online banking for some of the top banking institutions in India. Their specialization is in mobile technology and making payments on Android phones can be done with just one tap.
Zaakpay is a popular payment gateway in India that has invested in making the payment process easy for customers. Payment is just a few clicks away. To add, it supports all international and Indian Visa cards, Master cards, Discover and Diners credit cards.
Meet another payment gateway that has entirely simplified the online payment process. PayUMoney is a flagship company of the Naspers group that serves more than 4000 merchants in India.
It is a secure payment platform that has partnered with top banks in India to enhance online payment processes.
CCAvenue is one of the most popular payment platforms that contain a variety of payment options. The following are the credit cards that it supports:
- American Express
- Diners Club
One outstanding factor about the CCA venue is that the payment page can be viewed in up to 18 languages, both Indian and international, and accepts payments in 27 currencies. Some of these currencies include Swiss Franc, Japanese Yen, Hong Kong dollar, UAE Dirham, Euro, Sterling Pound, and many others.
An eCommerce business selling its products internationally would highly benefit from this Wix India payment gateway.
When thinking about flexibility, security, and ease of use, think about Direcpay. It supports credit cards, debit cards, as well as mobile payments, and net banking payments. This is the ultimate solution for eCommerce store owners and companies dealing with online payments using different types of currencies.
This is a unique and quick Wix India payment gateway for purchasing digital files, services, goods, tickets, videos, music, and many others. They have secured it using bank-level security and merchants can use this gateway to collect payments on social media platforms like WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram, and many others. To add, merchants can also collect their payments through email, SMS, and Instamojo username.
- Atom Paynetz
Are you looking for a wide range of payment options? This is just the right plug for you. Atom Paynetz is a leading payment gateway in India providing more than 100 payment options. Some of the domestic credit cards that it supports include the following
- American Express
Another outstanding feature about Atom Paynetz is that it provides revenue boosters to merchants. Some of these include:
- Promotion and Discount engine
- Express payments
- Multibank EMI
- Bill Desk
Keeping track of your finances has never been made easy. Bill Desk is a popular payment gateway where can customers can pay and receive all their bills in one place. Many Indian banks appreciate the convenience that this provides and have integrated this gateway to make the payment process quick, simple, and safe. Not just for banks but customers can also make payment plans, decide when and how to pay, and set reminders for the same.
Payment gateways provide the ultimate payment solution for your Wix eCommerce site. The risks involved are inevitable, majorly because of their nature. At the same time, the level of risk is incomparable to the reward. Enjoy earning money on your site seamlessly by integrating one of the payment gateways listed above.