Wix Stores gives you all the tools you need to create a professional online store and grow your business. With Wix eCommerce, you can connect both Facebook and Instagram accounts to your web store. When a customer clicks on an item on Facebook or Instagram a re-directional to the store occurs for purchasing.
But first, you will upgrade to really sell for free, though you can create an eye-catching website and add as many items as you want to a template, and after being ready to sell you upgrade to enable payment features.
How to create a Wix online store
The first thing will be creating a website that will fall under online store category.
- To start with visit www.wix.com
- Sign up for a free website builder.
- Choose what kind of website you want to create.
- Customize a template of choice to get a website model.
- Drag and drop features appear then.
- Add text, galleries, videos, vector art, and more.
- Get ready for business.
- Add an online store.
- Publish your website and go live.
- Now let’s edit the online store
Elements of the Wix Online Store
This is where you display your product. There are many different layouts to choose from and appear very appealing to a customer.
This is an element used to highlight a particular product like new arrivals or most selling products.
This is an extension of your product where the customer can learn more about a specific product, its sizes, color, or any other description. Whenever a customer clicks on the image gallery it will pop up descriptions and options to add to a cart. Unfortunately, you can only edit once since it’s a dynamic page.
Shopping Cart Icon and Mini Cart
This icon redirects you to the items you are interested in buying and you have added them in the cart. It opens the cart page. For the Mini Cart, it shows the customer both quantities, subtotals, and the summary of contents. From the Cart Page, customers can review their order, see a preview of shipping and tax costs or proceed to Checkout.
Checkout Page and Thank You Page
A check out page is used by the customer to complete the order and add the shipping details for the items. After completing shipping details and placing the order the thankyou page displays the summarized order with the order number and a positive message including the customer name.
Wix app store
While you go through the editor and you lack a specific feature you can go to the Wix app store. There you will find apps that might enhance your eCommerce store with useful features like live chat, a telephone call button, or the ability to connect the shop with an external accounting and invoicing solution. For example, you can add a member’s login page so that a user can log in when he comes back and can also view previous order history.
Wix Online Store pros
- Ease of use
- Physical and digital goods sold
- Shipping calculator included
- No commission on the sale from Wix
- The great value of money compared to other builders
Wix Online Store cons
- The more the items the less loading speed recommended for small online shops.
- Not fully customizable but a good offer
Wix Online Store Pricing
- @$17 You get Wix Business Basic: Accept online and offline payments. No sales fee. Works for physical and digital products. Unlimited items.
- For $25 you will get Wix Business Unlimited: For bigger online stores that receive a lot of traffic. Includes email campaigns. Unlimited items.
- Finally, for $35 you get Wix Business VIP: All from Unlimited. Additionally, you get fast VIP support and more storage. Unlimited items.
Wix Online Store Alternatives
OLITT– helps you create fast-loading websites within minutes without touching any code. Simple and efficient to both developers and novice users.
Shopify: If you’re looking for an all-in-one eCommerce platform, Shopify has got you. The site gives you all the tools you need to create, run and analyze your business
Square Online: Unlike many other eCommerce platforms that started as builders, Square has been known as a payment processor all along
Frequently Asked Questions.
1) Is Wix good for an online store?
Wix online stores is good for small business or even startup. Its cost-friendly and very beautiful interface making your online store professional.
2) How much does Wix online store cost?
There is a free limited store. The basic cost of the Wix online store starts at $17 a month and the most expensive package at $35 a month.