In this article, we are looking at OLITT Shop vs Big Cartel. Continue reading to find which one is best suited to help you start selling online.
OLITT is a free drag-and-drop website builder that allows you to build a website in under 3 minutes.
Big Cartel is a very popular option amongst the creative types such as artists and designers.
Different Sections of OLITT shop vs Big Cartel
In this post, we’re going to look at 6 different sections of OLITT shop vs Big Cartel to compare and help you discover which is most ideal for you.
These sections include the:
- Theme selection and customization
- Customer support options
- Hosting setup and performance
- Ease of use
On OLLIT SHOP, pricing is offered in two reasonable plans namely:
The Free Plan:
- 1 GB Storage
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Connect your Custom Domain (1)
- Support via forum & KB only
- Google ranking with SEO
- DNS Management
- Security with SSL
- Discounted Domains
- Free Pre-built Websites (3)
- OLITT branding ads
The Lifetime Plan that comes with $29.99 per year:
- Free hosting
- Unlimited Storage
- 1 Free domain for 1 year
- 1 Shop Template
- Connect Multiple Custom Domains
- SEO & Marketing tools
- Additional Free Websites (10)
- Remove OLITT branding ads
- Social Media Integrations
- Accept online payments
- Sell unlimited products
On Big Cartel, the pricing is also very reasonable.
On top of this, they do a free package as well which is limited in terms of features with five products in the free plan.
The pricing starts from $9.99 a month and it goes up to the biggest package which is $19.99.
The difference between these packages is how many products you have.
So, if you have 20 products, for example, you won’t need more than the big cartel platinum package.
But if you have a large inventory with over 300 products then you will go for the titanium package.
Here we will look at the features that OLITT shop vs Big Cartel offers.
With OLITT, there are:
- Simple Landing Page Builder – This allows elements to be dragged and dropped before publishing.
- Integrations – OLITT.com has pre-built integrations to facilitate payments, customer feedback, and emails.
- Custom Code – This allows the integration with other platforms using code. For Example; Live Chat and Facebook among others.
- Payments – This feature facilitates payments on your pages and websites using payment integrations such as PayPal.
- Google Web Tools – With the help of Google Analytics, this feature can track and monitor traffic to your website and pages.
- Global CDN – This feature comes with the fastest loading speeds for your websites and pages.
- SSL Certificates – This feature offers free SSL certificates for all published websites and pages on OLITT.com.
- SEO Tools – With OLITT SEO Tools, this features performance search engine optimization for websites and pages.
- Domain Names – With more than 400 domain name extensions on OLITT.com, you can easily buy or transfer domain names.
- DNS Management – This feature is free and it also manages and secures your domain name records.
What seems to be a recurring theme with Big cartel is its difficulty to find information about it.
This means that you can go to their home page or their main website and not find what their offers are.
c.) Theme Selection and Customization
OLITT shop has over 300 templates (Travel, business, bookstore among others) to help you create a website.
This feature saves you a lot of money and precious time in launching your website.
Within Big Cartel, the theme selection is quite small.
There are 19 themes you can choose from but they are all completely free to use.
These themes are very well designed. There’s a nice variety of them that fits the kind of target market that Big Cartel is going for.
When it comes to actual customization you can change:
- Your background image
- Your logo and promotion image
- All the colors on the website
d.) Customer Support Options
One of the reasons why people go for a fully hosted platform such as OLITT shop vs Big Cartel is to be able to contact the team behind the platform.
OLITT has very remarkable customer support systems in place that include; phone and email support, live chat forums, help center webinars, and a blog among others.
Big Cartel on the other hand is quite limited in its support options.
You are limited to only one which is email support.
The email support is available every day in the eastern standard time between 8 am- 6 pm.
This would mean that if you are in the other time zones around the world you’ll find your support window will be limited depending on the time zone you’re in.
It would be nice to see other options available such as live chat or over the phone.
This is because sometimes you want to be able to contact someone straight away on live chat or on phone calls.
e.) Hosting and Performance
With the OLITT shop, you can easily integrate Google Analytics into your website for exemplary performance.
This in turn allows tracking the visitors who are interacting with your shop or blog regularly.
Although Big Cartel has the potential to excel at hosting and good performance, they don’t give any information as to how good that hosting is.
The only thing available is the free SSL Certificate with every single package.
f.) Ease of Use
Both OLITT and Big Cartel are easy to use.
This means that the users without experience in how to build a website can easily get started and achieve the intended success.
There’s not a lot to it in the Big Cartel shop because they have 5 main sections at the top of the dashboard making it very simple to navigate within the platform.
OLIIT shop vs Big Cartel. Are they both good?
It could be.
However, in Big Cartel, the lack of functionality within the platform and the main website isn’t very forthcoming in what they offer.
Whilst an OLITT shop can be a fantastic option since it has all the details put in place.
Either way, only one platform can work best for you depending on your desired needs.