Are you looking for a free website for portfolio? You are in the right place. In this blog post, I will walk you through the exact steps you need to take to build a portfolio website even if you do not have any money.
I assume you already know why you need a portfolio website. But if you don’t, here is a quick rundown on its benefits;
- A professional way to showcase your work – having a portfolio website is a chance to show that you actually care and are a professional. It uplifts your craft and position you to be able to compete with other pros in your industry.
- It is a great first impression for employers – employers will not only take you seriously, but it will also give you a chance to prove to them that you mean what you say.
- Increases your visibility and online presence – a website can be accessed by anyone from around the world. This means that you have a chance to reach a wider audience, thus casting a wider net on who can hire your services.
- Shows you’re more than just a resume – with a resume, you can only go so far. You can list your skills, but that is it, no explanations. But with a portfolio website, you can take it one step further and give case studies, which can help boost your downside, increasing your chances of getting hired for that coveted project or job.
Now that you why it is crucial to have a portfolio website, how can you get it?
How to create a website for portfolio
A portfolio website is just like any other website in terms of how you actually create it.
You need a domain name and hosting space, of which both cost money.
Either way, the domain for a portfolio website is recommended to be your name.
This means that you will have to register your personal name as a domain and use it on your portfolio website.
Now that you have a website name, the next step is to get hosting space, which you can get for dirt cheap from reputable hosting companies like Truehost Cloud.
Once you have the two, it is now time to sit down and actually crank out the real website.
You have two choices here;
a). Hire a website designer
Hire a professional to design the site and deploy it. This means that you have to pay some web designer to create a website for your portfolio. Truth is, they do not come cheap.
In fact, you get what you pay for.
This means that if you want some really cool portfolio website, you have to dig deeper into your pockets.
Expect to pay an average web designer something close to $60 per hour.
And if you are seeking a web designer for a business website, it could cost you between $5,000 and $10,000, with the average price to set up, design, build, and create original content for a basic website starting at $6,760.
If you do not have the budget, what other options do you have?
That is where creating a free website for portfolio comes in.
b). Get a free website for portfolio
In this time and age, you do not have to sweat out dollars to get the best of the best thanks to technology.
All you need is a free website builder.
Lucky for you, I have just the right tool for the job; OLITT.com.
And now, I will walk you through how to create a free website for portfolio in under 10 minutes.
1. Go https://olitt.com/
Head over to https://olitt.com/ to get started with your free portfolio website.
2. Click on Create your free site
3. Create account
The next step to create a free website for portfolio is to create an account.
You can do that using an email address and password.
Alternatively, you can use your Google and Apple account. Whichever you go with, your data is safe thanks to OLITT’s sophisticated security features and tools.
4. Pick a category
OLITT comes with hundreds of designer-made website templates, and they are all yours to use for free.
To access them, you first need to pick a category your website falls into. This helps you pick the best template for your type of website.
Since we are building a free website for portfolio, the Creative category is the most appropriate category.
5. Pick a template
The next step is to pick a template.
And to do that, sort through the available templates under your chosen category.
And when you find the one you like, click to use it.
6. Edit and share your website
Your next and last step to creating a free portfolio website is to customize your template.
- Change the texts
- Swap images with your own
- Add new features by dragging blocks
You have a free website for portfolio!
Also, you may need to add a custom domain, see how here.
Why use OLITT to create a free portfolio website?
OLITT comes with a bag of goodies including;
- Domains – you get to connect a custom domain to your free website, even if you are on the basic plan
- Free SSL Certificates for all Landing Pages and Websites you publish.
- Perform Search Engine Optimization for your pages with OLITT SEO Tools.
- Manage your Domain Names Records from a secure DNS Management Platform for free.
- Get access to a Global CDN with 42 PoPs and over 350 integrations
AND the better part?
OLITT comes with a free AI Content generator.
With this epic AI, you can generate content for your website fast, allowing you to build your portfolio website faster than before.
What are you waiting for?
Go ahead and create a free portfolio website and get a free domain, hosting, and an SSL certificate among other perks.